. Database >>
User, I understand that you have been in cryogenics for quite some time. I have compiled a list of slang terms that you may encounter in your duties. Please familiarize yourself with the vocabulary below. Remember that many of these verbiages are vulgar and are not to be used in polite society.
- 2.0 – Short for the internet 2.0, basically anything that occurs online or through private networks larger than a PAN is considered from 2.0 b/c it will link in somewhere in most cases.
- Augger – A cyberneticly augmented person.
- Borg – Derogatory term for someone whos more machine than man, short for Cyborg
- Corps – Short for corporations.
- Cyber – A cyberneticly augmented person.
- Daemon – A creature or person who is being dominated by a symbiont against their will.
- Facer – Short for “neural interfacer” – someone who uses a neural interface.
- Facing – Similar to current “surfing” the web terminology, this applies even when accessing through a monitor rather than a neural interface.
- Jacket – A corporate executive, so called because they’re never seen without a suit.
- PPY – Protean Prime Year, the galactic standard for time measurement.
- Psyche – A ‘psychic’ or psionic person.
- Silver – A play on the old terminology “copper” for police officers, silvers are a step above – private police/military.
- Tinker – A cyberneticly augmented person.
- UOP- Universal Optical port, a standardized connection for, well, anything.
- Ware – Short for cyberware, aka cybernetics.
- Zero – Generally a freelance mercenary who works under a deniability clause.